Prospective students may use our online application to apply. In addition to the completed application form and fee, applications for the English M.A. and Ph.D. programs should include the following materials:
- A personal statement detailing plans for graduate study
- Official transcripts from all previous institutions of higher learning
- Verbal, quantitative and analytic GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation
- A writing sample of 15-20 pages of critical prose, preferably in the applicant's prospective field of specialization.
Applications must be complete by February 1 to receive consideration for funding for the following academic year.
For questions regarding application procedures, please contact Mr. Sykeem Lewis at 202-319-5253 or Catholic University's Office of Graduate Studies at 202-319-5247. For course information, see the English Department's Complete Course Descriptions. For academic questions about the department or its graduate programs, contact Dr. Tobias Gregory, Director of Graduate Studies in English at firstname.lastname@example.org.